I've always dreamed of a keyless front door entry.
This is our current lock. I really like these sets, but... we've had some issues.
My boy needs to enter the house on his own at times, and hiding keys outdoors isn't very secure. And bringing them to school has resulted in them getting lost.
Then there's when we go camping. We need to leave keys for our neighbours that care for our pets in our absence.
And how about tradespeople? Ever leave a key hidden for them to use, later wishing you could re-key your locks 'just in case?'
Enter the Kwikset Smartkey lock system from Home Depot! YES YES YES!
How cool is it when you can review something you actually really really need? Ecstatic!
This set offers more than just a keyless entry though. The deadbolts have a SmartKey feature, which allows you to re-key your locks with new keys any time you wish.
I had no idea such a thing was even available. Did you?!
Since I loved my current set, I simply chose a deadbolt that matched the finish of our current hardware.
There are many different styles to mix and match with, so you can get the look and functionality that's right for you.
I just chose the keyless entry because it was best suited for our needs. We have a keypad on the garage door and it's been wonderful to allow neighbours in that need tools and such when we're not around.
So I'm going show you how to install our Kwikset Smartkey lock system and let you know what I think.
We can't wait! House keys, we are so breaking up with you!
Do you also have key issues?
Do you hide them or ?
· Have you ever loaned out a key that was never returned, or would you like to be able to grant temporary access to neighbors or a contractor? The Home Depot can help. SmartKey rey-key technology is the solution. The Kwikset SmartKey lock gives homeowners the ability to quickly and easily re-key their own locks without removing them from the door.
· Increase your home’s safety and pick up a Kwikset SmartKey lock from The Home Depot today. SmartKey offers increased security and peace of mind because lost, loaned or unreturned keys become useless. It also offers one-key convenience for your home - you can re-key your front, back and side doors to the same Kwikset key.
· Kwikset SmartKey’s re-key technology features a patented side-locking bar, central to the locks’ ability to be rapidly and easily re-keyed. The bar replaces the traditional pin and tumbler design that is particularly vulnerable to increasingly popular lock-bumping attacks.
· Delivering outstanding strength and protection, SmartKey deadbolts have passed the most stringent lock picking standards and offer ANSI/BHMA certified Grade 1 security. Grade 1 security is the highest level of tested residential security available in the industry.
· Based on performance and features, Kwikset SmartKey deadbolts earned the prestigious Best Buy rating from Consumers Digest Magazine in the residential deadbolt lock category in February 2010.
· Kwikset SmartKey deadbolts can be purchased online at www.thehomedepot.com and at your local The Home Depot store.
1. Kwikset locks on TheHomeDepot.com: http://bit.ly/uq9Zs7
2. The Home Depot on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHomeDepot
3. The Home Depot on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheHomeDepot
The Home Depot partnered with bloggers such as me to help promote their KwikSet Lock product. As part of this promotion, I received compensation. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products. The Home Depot believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. The Home Depot’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.